Liskow’s construction team handles a broad range of construction-related matters for project owners, contractors, developers, and construction lenders related to large industrial developments, commercial and agricultural facilities, offshore oil and gas platforms, pipelines, large residential projects, directional drilling projects, hotel construction, museum construction and renovation, and construction and renovation projects for public and non-profit owners.
Our team can assist you during any and all phases of construction projects including:
- drafting and negotiation of contracts related to real property acquisitions;
- drafting and negotiation of design, construction, and EPC contracts;
- evaluating and obtaining project-owner’s side insurance programs and OCIPS;
- advising clients with respect to compliance with the highly technical Louisiana Private Works Act;
- Louisiana Public Works Act and Construction Management at Risk (“CMAR”) compliance and disputes;
- assisting clients with construction financing as well as providing due diligence and loan package preparation for construction lenders;
- advice before, during, and/or after project completion to resolve issues and disputes;
- representing clients in bid protests;
- permits, variances, and servitudes;
- construction contractor licensing issues;
- successfully pursuing and defending construction-related claims in state and federal court litigation and appeals, arbitration, mediation, and private settlements in a wide range of disputes such as claims involving defective construction, poor workmanship, design flaws, constructability issues, unanticipated site conditions, change order issues, cost overruns, schedule delays and extended overhead, force majeure events, mold damage, enforcement and defense of lien clams, enforcement and defense of warranty claims, contractor licensing, insurance coverage, contractor default and termination issues, surety bond disputes, all types of construction contract disputes, and disputes involving the standard of care and liability of architects and engineers.
Our construction law team is also experienced in providing comprehensive assistance to builders, owners, and lenders in addressing and resolving construction-related issues following natural disasters such as Hurricanes Ida, Katrina, and Rita, including drafting and negotiating construction and architectural contracts for repairs to or rebuilding of damaged property, assisting with insurance-related issues, and favorably resolving disputes involving disaster-related damages.