Kathleen Doody is an accomplished oil and gas attorney practicing in the firm’s New Orleans office, with over 20 years of transactional experience representing and advising E&P companies, oilfield service companies and lending institutions on a broad range of corporate, energy, regulatory, secured financing and real estate matters.
Kathleen’s current practice is primarily focused on the following:
- Representing clients in the drafting and negotiation of various oil and gas related agreements, including operating agreements, memorandum of operating agreements, like-kind exchanges, areas of mutual interests, and withdrawals from joint operating agreements.
- Representing clients in connection with appeals of BOEM and BSEE orders to the Interior Board of Land Appeals in connection with issues related to supplemental bonding and incidents of non-compliance.
- Providing legal analysis and advice to oil and gas companies related to preserving and perfecting security rights under their joint operating agreements.
- Representing clients in connection with the purchase and sale, financing and refinancing of mineral properties and other assets, including negotiating purchase and sale agreements and security instruments and the rendition of third-party closing opinions.
- Providing legal analysis and advice to lending institutions related to secured financial transactions, including those secured by real and personal property, their rights upon debtor distress and issues arising in Chapter 11 bankruptcies.
- Examination of onshore and offshore mineral title and advising clients on complex mineral title issues and title curative solutions.
Kathleen also routinely provides general advice to clients on various secured transaction matters, Louisiana Uniform Commercial Code matters, mineral rights and real estate matters, business and corporate matters, including business entity selection and formation, and regulatory and permitting matters relating to onshore and offshore mineral leasing.
Prior to joining a law firm, Kathleen was senior counsel at Chevron North America Exploration and Production Company, a division of Chevron U.S.A. Inc. As senior counsel, she reviewed, drafted and negotiated a broad range of commercial contracts and agreements related to the acquisition and divestiture of oil and gas leases and in support of the development and production of oil and gas, including asset purchase and sale agreements, farmout agreements, confidentiality agreements, production handling agreements, and master service agreements.
Kathleen has helped her clients identify, assess and mitigate their risks, solve problems and achieve positive outcomes in complex and difficult scenarios and under tight time constraints. She is a results-driven advocate, committed to meeting and exceeding client expectations.