Our products liability and warranty claim lawyers regularly handle matters across the spectrum of litigation from high-stakes individual personal injury cases to class actions and mass torts. We are retained for our scientific and technical understanding of particular industries and product lines and we understand the complexities of products liability law. In addition to defending manufacturers, we also have assisted our industrial clients when the need arises in redhibition, warranty, and products liability claims. We serve our clients at local, regional and national levels in both state and federal courts. Our products liability cases are staffed with highly qualified attorneys who work to provide effective services at a competitive cost. We recognize the effect a products liability claim can have on our clients’ brand reputation and we work to keep cases moving forward toward prompt resolution. While we seek early pretrial dismissals based on motion practice, we are not afraid to go to trial when necessary. We work with our clients to fashion the best litigation strategy for the successful resolution of their products liability and breach of warranty claims.
Lawyers in the products liability and warranty practice have:
- Defended major helicopter manufacturers in onshore and offshore accident cases.
- Served as trial counsel for a gasoline refiner in multi-district class actions alleging contaminated gasoline that affected consumers’ vehicles.
- Served as Louisiana counsel for the leading manufacturer of automatic doors for commercial buildings, residential garage doors, and other mechanical lifting devices.
- Represented a European commercial underwriter in claims of defective products, including ladders, scaffolds, printing presses, medical devices, and large industrial machinery.
- Represented a major automobile manufacturer in a class action suit involving failure of automobile paint.
- Represented an aerial manlift manufacturer in personal injury and wrongful death claims.
- Defended serious personal injury claims involving medical devices and pharmaceuticals.
- Served as national counsel in the defense of claims involving biotechnology and agricultural products.
- Represented components manufacturers in aviation casualties.
- Represented an oil and gas company in a suit against a Norwegian manufacturer of offshore rig parking brakes for property damage and lost production.
- Represented an offshore marine construction company in litigation involving a marine crane that toppled while working offshore.
- Represented a chemical manufacturing company in breach of warranty and products liability litigation involving industrial heaters.
- Represented a major oil and gas company in a serious personal injury claim involving a portable drill tool manufactured in Norway for use on offshore rigs.
- Represented a first party property insurer and its insured, a sugar manufacturing company, in a products liability action against the manufacturer of building materials used in the construction of a warehouse that collapsed.
- Advised manufacturers on an array of federal and state regulatory matters, including issues of product labeling and compliance, warranty language, FIFRA, the CPSC, and the National Organic Products Act.