Our product defense lawyers regularly handle matters across the spectrum of litigation, including personal injury, environmental and toxic tort, commercial liability, and regulatory compliance. We are retained by both manufacturers and insurers for our technical understanding of particular industries and product lines.
Lawyers in the product defense practice have:
- Defended serious personal injury claims involving medical devices and pharmaceuticals.
- Represented a major automobile manufacturer in a class action suit involving failure of automobile paint.
- Served as Louisiana counsel for an international manufacturer of building materials. Represented a European commercial underwriter in claims of defective products, including ladders, scaffolds, printing presses, medical devices, and large industrial machinery.
- Served as Louisiana counsel for the leading manufacturer of automatic doors for commercial buildings, residential garage doors, and other mechanical lifting devices.
- Acted as trial counsel for a gasoline refiner in multi-state class actions alleging contaminated gasoline that affected consumers’ vehicles.
- Served as national counsel in the defense of claims involving biotechnology and agricultural products.
- Advised manufacturers on an array of federal and state regulatory matters, including issues of product labeling and compliance, warranty language, FIFRA, the CPSC, and the National Organic Products Act.
- Provided risk assessment and mitigation advice related to products having potential environmental and health effects.