822 Harding Street
P.O. Box 52008
Lafayette, Louisiana 70503
Billy Dominque is an experienced business lawyer focused on helping clients throughout Southwest Louisiana with mergers and acquisitions, commercial finance, secured transactions, real estate, title insurance, corporate law and transactions for energy companies. He works with a variety of clients on various commercial matters, such as:
- Banks and other lenders on commercial loan projects, asset and energy transactions, including vessel and other business-related assets and collateral. Billy has worked with all of the region's banks and has strong, long-term relationships, preparing and negotiating loan documents and handling other aspects of deals.
- Mergers and acquisitions, often involving all types of businesses, including oilfield businesses, on both sides – buyers and sellers.
- Serving as outside general counsel, providing help with the management and operation of businesses, mostly in the Lafayette area where Billy lives and works.
- Real estate work for buyers, sellers and developers, including issuance of title insurance on behalf of lenders, banks, and owners. Many of Billy's real estate clients are out-of-state lenders for which he provides opinions on Louisiana transactions.
- Represented national banks as administrative agents in connection with numerous loan syndications of over $100 Million.
- Represented as Louisiana counsel a large energy company in connection with its divestiture of all oil and gas interests in North Louisiana shale formation.
- Represented a group of foreign investors as Louisiana real estate counsel in connection with a multi¬billion dollar liquefied natural gas project.
- Represented the owner of several large apartment complexes in Louisiana in connection with acquisition and renovation financings.
- Council (Practicing Attorney Member), Louisiana State Law Institute, 2010
- Registry Committee, Louisiana State Law Institute, 1998–2005; Elderly Power of Attorney Committee, 2014-2016; Security Devices Committee (Special Advisor), 2016-2017
- Committee on Bar Admissions – Director of Testing, 2005–2007; Examiner for Code III and Member, 1997–2007
- Member, Lafayette, Louisiana State and American Bar Associations
- Member, Louisiana Bankers Association
- Lafayette Bar Association – Board of Directors, 1986–1987
- Member, Louisiana Land Title Association
- Former Member, Lafayette Chamber of Commerce
- St. Edmond’s Church Parish Council, 1993–1994
- Member, One Acadiana
- Acadiana Profile "Top Lawyer" in Banking and Finance Law, Commercial Transactions Law, Corporate Law, Real Estate Law, 2020
- Acadiana Profile “Top Lawyer” in Banking and Finance Law, Commercial Transactions/LLS Law, Construction Law, Mergers & Acquisitions Law, Real Estate Law 2019
- Acadiana Profile “Top Lawyer” in Banking and Finance Law, Commercial Transactions/LLS Law, Corporate Law, Energy Law, Mergers & Acquisitions Law, 2018
- Acadiana Profile “Top Lawyer” in Energy Law, 2017
- The Best Lawyers in America, 2013–2020
- “Energy Financing,” Buying and Selling Oil and Gas Properties Seminar, Houston, Texas, May 2005
- “The Enforcement of Mortgages and Lease and Purchase Agreements from a Transactional Lawyer’s Perspective,” Louisiana State University Law Center Real Estate Seminar, October 2001
- “Loan Participations and Syndications,” Bank Counsel Conference, November 1999
- “Security Devices,” Louisiana State University Law School Recent Developments Seminar, 1998
- Various in-house banking seminars
- "Vicarious Liability and Intentional Torts," 38 La. L. Rev. 832 (1977)
Billy and his wife kayak in the bayous of southwest Louisiana. When they're not paddling, they like cycling, dancing in South Louisiana dance halls, and the Ragin' Cajuns.