Liskow is proud to announce the firm has been named by CityBusiness Empowering Women as an organization that supports, elevates, and empowers women in the New Orleans area.
The CityBusiness Empowering Women program, launched this year, recognizes companies and organizations that have long shown a solid commitment to supporting and elevating women in the New Orleans area. The program was designed to showcase organizations’ tangible and innovative efforts to advance women in the workplace and community. Liskow, along with other deserving companies, will be recognized in the CityBusiness August 25th issue.
“We are thrilled to be recognized by CityBusiness Empowering Women as a firm that not only aggressively recruits and hires women and other diverse employees, but also goes the extra mile to develop, promote, and retain them,” said Liskow managing partner Mark Latham. “With women representing 60 percent of our employee base, cultivating an equitable and inclusive environment is a pillar of our strategic plan, represents our core values, and is essential to our culture.”
Liskow boasts an impressive track record of hiring, mentoring, and promoting women:
- The firm’s 2023 Summer Attorney Clerkship Program is 70% female and 90% diverse.
- The firm’s Board of Directors includes three women lawyers and is 43% diverse.
- The firm’s C-Suite includes four women and is 67% diverse.
- The firm’s total company leadership is 50% female.
“At Liskow, our dedication to attracting and retaining women goes beyond statistics – it’s about unleashing their potential and empowering them to shape the direction of the firm,” said Cherrell Simms Taplin, Liskow’s Chief Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Officer. “This Women’s Equality Day, we want to celebrate the incredibly talented women of Liskow and renew our commitment to supporting and elevating women at all levels in the firm.”
The firm is consistently recognized by its clients for its diversity efforts, receiving Chevron’s Law Function’s Law Firm Diversity Award in 2019 and the inaugural BP Legal Diversity and Inclusion Award in 2017. The firm works tirelessly to combat inequality through a wide range of philanthropic and pro bono efforts, supporting dozens of organizations including:
- Louisiana State Bar Association’s Annual Conclave on Diversity in the Legal Profession
- National LGBTQ+ Bar Out & Proud Corporate Counsel Award Program
- United Negro College Fund Sponsorship Walk for Education
- Women’s International Shipping & Trading Association Events
- Women’s Energy Network’s Mentorship Program and Events
- University of Texas Women’s Power Summit on Law & Leadership
- The Greater New Orleans Louis A. Martinet Legal Society Pathways and Pipelines Program and Annual Law Student Scholarship Gala
- Houston Bar Association’s Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Committee’s Summer Clerkship and Mentoring Program
Liskow and the firm’s women lawyers regularly receive recognition in publications such as New Orleans CityBusiness, Best Lawyers, Acadiana Profile, and Chambers & Partners. Its female attorneys also have gone on to serve in impressive roles, such as former Liskow lawyer Dana M. Douglas becoming the first Black Woman to be confirmed to the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit.
Learn more about how Liskow empowers women by watching the video below or clicking here.