X
Bisso Marine

Located on the bank of the Mississippi River since 1853, the Bisso family has long been a part of the American maritime and offshore oilfield history. The story began in the 1870's when Joseph Bisso constructed handmade wooden rowboats to ferry passengers and commodities across the Mississippi River in New Orleans.  The human powered rowboats gave way to steam power by 1890, and by the 1940s, BISSO MARINE’s third generation was fully engaged in support of the emerging offshore oil and gas industries in the Gulf of Mexico.

By 2005, the company’s fifth generation relocated the headquarters to Houston, Texas, and expanded the BISSO MARINE footprint abroad. Now well into its second century of continuous service, BISSO MARINE has grown to become a major offshore energy infrastructure contractor.