Liskow is proudly working towards a more sustainable future and is committed to ensuring a place for future generations to enjoy.
- We began with small steps, encouraging our employees to reduce waste streams with simple changes like double-sided copying, water dispensers instead of plastic bottles, etc.
- We are reducing our energy usage by moving one of our offices to a far more efficient space.
- All of our IT waste streams are handled responsibly. IT equipment is either sent to an authorized recycling shop or sent to nonprofits for reuse.
- Liskow is in the process of moving data from local servers to the cloud, which reduces Liskow’s energy footprint.
- The firm is involved in biodiversity projects.
- The firm makes a concerted effort to purchase goods made from recyclable products, such as plates, napkins, paper towels, and cups.
- Liskow invests in state-of-the-art technology solutions and applications to communicate and collaborate with clients across the United States while reducing our carbon footprint.
- Liskow plans to continue to find alternative ways to offer its services in a more environmental-friendly and efficient manner.
- We have continued to emphasize pro bono efforts in real ways, including by giving attorneys billable hour credit for nonbillable pro bono representation.
- We have focused on a specific, underserved, and challenging area, specifically, representing parents in international child abduction cases.
- We have continued our efforts in Diversity, Equity & Inclusion.
- We established an ESG committee that reports to the firm’s Board of Directors
- We democratized participation in the ESG committee by including diverse representatives, every generation, and staff and lawyers, each with an equal say.
- We use our buying power to support our ESG efforts by contacting vendors to determine how each is doing on its ESG efforts.
- Several of our office locations are LEED-certified, and we continue to pursue best practices within our locations.
Proud Supporter of
Pro Bono Hours Since 2021
of Lawyers are Diverse
ESG Committee Chair
As with everyone, we are learning our ESG way as we go. What we are sure of is that we will go, and we strive to lead as we do.
ESG Committee Member
I’m thrilled to be part of Liskow’s ESG journey. It’s rewarding to examine internal practices and adapt them to be more environmentally and socially conscious. This will ultimately benefit our workplace and our community.