Matt Jones has been trying cases for decades and in every commercial field. He loves transforming complex cases into compelling narratives for judges and jurors. His experience is both broad and deep, and spans several states.
His recent matters include:
• Prevailing over a governmental effort to block a major fracking project.
• Defending an interest owner against complex multi-state property claims.
• Dismissal of an international hedge fund suit against an operator in a development project.
• Defending a national college testing group in claims arising from an NCAA cheating scandal.
• Obtaining dismissal of claims by a federal elected official against a major publisher.
These cases often involve tens of millions of dollars, and not uncommonly they invite press scrutiny. Matt has guided his clients through all dimensions of such complicated matters.
Matt is a founding donor and active participant in New Hope Community Development of Acadiana, an organization dedicated to educational achievement for at-risk children. He has also represented indigent defendants as well as neglected and abused children on a pro bono basis. He is a licensed private pilot.