Primary responsibility is to coordinate client billing cycle. May also perform a variety of other accounting duties including account reconciliations, monthly reporting, special projects, etc. Applicant will work closely with attorneys, staff, vendors and clients while observing confidentiality of client and firm matters.
Essential Job Functions:
- Review and edit pre-bills in conjunction with billing guidelines and attorney/secretary requests.
- Ability to execute complex bills in a timely manner (i.e., write-offs, multiple discounts by matter, split-party billing, preparation of electronic bills).
- Ability to effectively interact and communicate with attorneys, secretaries, and clients.
- Review and verify accuracy of billing and supporting documentation while also following up on client inquiries.
- Create new billing formats, billing schedules and other billing analysis as required.
- Monthly account reconciliations
- Create and distributes monthly reports.
- Utilize computerized accounting and payables software programs (Aderant, Excel, Word) to perform duties and responsibilities.
- Reads, uses and is familiar with computer systems manuals and procedures, maintains and updates procedural manuals as needed.
- Assists with special projects.
Education, Experience and Skills:
- Accounting Degree
- 3-5 years hands-on billing experience in a law firm
- Aderant, Elite, Javelin (or equivalent accounting software) experience preferred
- Proficiency with MS Office
- Ability to perform at high levels in a fast paced changing work environment and successfully adapt to changing priorities and work demands
- Detail oriented with the ability to adapt to fast pace work environment
Click here to apply.
Integrating experienced lawyers into our firm is a key element of our growth plan. Liskow & Lewis recognizes the importance of hiring highly qualified lawyers with proven records of success both academically and professionally.
Lateral hires are typically brought on board to fulfill a need in a specific section or practice area. Shareholder credit for lateral hires is considered on an individual basis and takes into account the lawyer's area of practice, years of experience and potential or existing client base.
Liskow & Lewis’ summer associate program serves as the primary source for hiring entry-level lawyers. The program is designed to allow second-year law students the opportunity to learn first-hand about the practice of law and, more importantly, about our unique culture and dynamic law practice. Liskow & Lewis generally recruits from the top percentiles of law schools in Louisiana, Texas and across the country. If you are interested in our program, but do not attend a law school that is visited by our recruiters, please apply for our summer associate position by clicking here.
Liskow & Lewis' professional staff is a key element to its success. The firm’s collegial environment fosters a place that provides excellent service to clients, and we look to add employees that imitate our culture. Liskow & Lewis’ professional staff is made up of the following positions:
- legal secretaries
- paralegals and other legal professionals
- administrative professionals
- information technology professionals
- accounting professionals
- marketing professionals