Liskow & Lewis routinely advises secured and unsecured creditors in business reorganizations under Chapter 11 of the Bankruptcy Code, and, in certain circumstances we have represented debtors involved in complex reorganizations. Liskow & Lewis handles litigation involving all aspects of bankruptcy cases.
Our bankruptcy lawyers can assist in the restructuring of debt and liquidation of businesses following natural disasters, such as Hurricanes Katrina or Rita. Such matters include the numerous types of commercial disputes that arise in a bankruptcy case, including leases, employment contracts and enforcement of security interests. Our lawyers’ experience includes corporate reorganizations from both the debtor and creditor perspective and the representation of individual debtors with complex issues. Representative matters include:
- The successful representation of the Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors of Superior Offshore International, Inc. In this case, the unsecured creditors were paid in full, with interest, following the liquidation of the debtor’s assets
- Currently representing largest secured creditor in bankruptcy of South Louisiana Ethanol, LLC
- Successfully represented largest secured creditor in bankruptcy of 730 Bienville Partners, Ltd.
- Successfully represented several oil companies in bankruptcies of Energy Partners, Ltd., Edge Petroleum Corp., and Palm Oil
- Successfully represented as lead counsel the Unsecured Creditors' Committee of Entergy New Orleans, Inc.
- Successfully represented the indenture trustee for the publicly traded debt in the bankruptcy of the land-based casino in New Orleans.
- Successfully represented the creditors’ committee in the bankruptcy of a major oil-trading company.
- Successfully represented a group of operators of mineral operators in the bankruptcy of a major independent oil and gas exploration and production company.
- Successfully represented a national bank as the senior secured creditor of a marine fabricator.
- Successfully represented the creditors’ committee in the bankruptcy of a producer of metal structures.
- Acted as lead counsel for the debtor in this successful reorganization of a substantial, closely held exploration and production company. The plan of reorganization was confirmed and the company emerged from bankruptcy. The reorganization enabled the company to establish its profitability resulting in the sale of the company.